Shipping & Policies
Welcome to Celts and Vikings Policies and Shipping info. When you've purchased an item, you are saying you've read and agreed to them including our shipping times. Please read carefully before placing your order.
By using this website and services and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
Before placing an order, you are saying that you agreed with our Shipping and Policies.
If you have any queries relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Services.
Please do not abuse our pull down menu shipping costs or your order shall be refused. You cannot choose 2nd item unless you've ordered the first item from the same supplier.
Most of our communication is done by e-mail. Therefore, please make sure that you provide an e-mail address when you purchase and that the email you provide is correct. If we cannot get a hold of you by email, then after 30 days you lose your right to a refund or trade. Please note that our e-mail sent from email@example.com account might appear in your junk/bulk mail folder instead of inbox.
We do not ship out from our store, all online products are shipped directly from the artist or supplier.
REFUSING TO ACCEPT THE CUSTOMER‘S ORDER. BLOCKED USERS
We reserve the right to refuse an order. Non-acceptance of an order may, for example, result from one of the following:
* The product ordered being unavailable in stock or it does not ship to your area
* Our inability to obtain authorization of payment
* The identification of an error within the product information, including price or promotion, or not shipping to your country. There is only one person who maintains this website and she cannot always keep up with changes from each artist or supplier. In these cases, we shall write and ask you if you are willing to trade or pay more for the item.
• In case of an obviously fraudulent order placed
• In case we think that the buyer is trying to harm our business, or violates the applicable law, we reserve the right to block the user from any future use and orders from our website.
COPYRIGHT All contents of this website- all the images, text & design are copyrighted, but you are free to use images for our website promotion, post our products on your personal blogs or websites, share items you like on social networks BUT ... Please include the link to our website when doing so. Please note that you may not make any commercial use of any of the information provided on the Site or make any use of the Site for the benefit of another business unless explicitly permitted by Celts and Vikings in advance.
OUR PRODUCTS: WE DO NOT CARRY MOST STOCK as we find artists and crafters around the world and the products are shipped directly from them to you.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECIEVE MY ORDER? We fill orders and answer letters within 72 hrs, if we are the ones sending the order.
Normally, We order from the artist supplier within 24 hrs of your order, then it takes the artist or supplier up to 48 hrs, of business days, to Pickup our order and 2 more days to process the order before shipping it out to us or you. Thus anywhere from 5 to 15 weekdays in total. Handcrafted items may take longer, see below.
1) We can only estimate a shipping time but cannot be guaranteed as we have many artisan suppliers and each couple, person or designer who makes these items, is from a different country of origin. That is because, we searched the world for the talented and unique to try to stay away from products that you can see everyday.
2) We cannot control occasional inventory shortages, shipping carrier delays, customs delays, weather delays, & other factors that could delay your shipment.
WORLDWIDE SHIPPING: We offer worldwide shipping on many of our products which are clearly marked from what country they are shipped from. Many of our products are NOT in Calgary but come directly from the manufacturer or artist. The products are also clearly marked as to what countries they will ship to as well. If there is no shipping box, please let us know. Make sure the product you are buying ships to your country, prior to purchase, as we will not be held responsible for your mistake. It is your job to make sure an item is in stock, and ships to your country prior to purchase. We are not responsible for items stuck at your customs/borders.
Damaged Items: We DO give a refunds only if the item recieved is damaged or unusuable in the way the item was meant to be used.You must ask the delivery or post office person to stay while you open your parcel before they leave your sight, if you want to prove your item was damaged before the package left into your care. We guarantee if it was damaged on its way to you, we will replace it. Please write us first to get the address of return as some product must go back to the supplier directly and not through us. Returned items with free shipping might be charged an appropriate shipping charge when we send you the repaired or replacement item.
Clothing Items: We do not allow returned clothing items at all due to hygiene issues and persons wearing it to an events then returning it. The only way is if it was damaged prior to your care - See damaged items.
No Refunds: 1) If you ordered an item & changed your mind, after the fact, WE WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY.
2) If you did not read what country it ships to and it doesn't ship to yours, we will not refund your money. If this happens we will let you know right away so you can choose a similar priced item that does ship to your country!
3) Because we have such a huge amount of products, we cannot always keep up on the website if products are out of stock because our suppliers do not update theirs often and we have 20 artisan/suppliers, and only one person updating our website once per month. If you bought without checking on availability, we will NOT refund your money, we will give you a trade choice instead.
4) We do not allow returning of items, for money back, you can only exchange for something of same or similar price. (See damaged items)
Explanation of No Refunds; The Shipping and Policies page link is clearly posted on many of our pages. If any of these scenarious above happens, we will write to tell you immediately within 48 hrs & wait for your reply letter stating which product you've chosen, of the same or similar value, you would like us to send instead. We do not give refunds period because we are still charged by our credit card merchant for your transaction and we would be charged again to send it back!
Discontinued items: If the item you ordered has been discontinued and it is unknown if it will ever come again, we shall write and tell you asap, and ask if you would please choose another item of similar value. Please note that if you would've wrote us about availability in the first place, this problem would have been avoided - see No Refunds above.
PICK UP CUSTOMERS....What does that mean? Keep in mind that on some products come from a warehouse wholesaler, and if we do not have them in stock, it will take 10 business days to ship to our store and these items are for Pick customers only. Pick up items are not neccesarily in stock in our store at the time of purchase on line. If you wish to see, come on in to the store instead. Sometimes Myself or one of my tribal mates has made it here and therefore it is in stock. For example; We manufacture the drinking horns and walking sticks. SEE OUR CELTIC EVENT PAGE if you'd like to shop in person too.
Rush Orders - We do not like to do RUSH ORDERS, because a hold at customs or other unforseen causes can still delay your purchase. Some items have the rush on, and others don't. If you'd like it on something let us know and we will find out the costs. We take no responsibility for the time it takes to ship as we cannot foresee problems that might occur.
Handcrafted items: Handcrafted items are usually made from scratch from the time you order them from talented artists we have found for you in Canada and USA. This means depending on the season or order, this could take 4 to 7 weeks, depending on the complexity and materials available. If you are ordering for a special event make sure you order at least 2 months prior. A few Examples of products made by one or two individuals are: - our custom walking sticks, torcs, Celtic jewelry sets, circlets, sporrans, broomsticks, masquerade masks, clothing and wooden wands. Note that the majority of our items are designer made except for the small checkout counter style items like incense, books or candles etc.
Weapon laws: The person buying the item is saying that he or she is 18 and older. Make sure you know your countries laws before ordering such items or it won't go through the border and we are not responsible for this.
Privacy & Security: The personal data we do store on our system is protected by firewall and password. Our network firewall is a combination of hardware and software designed by Zenn Media to keep unauthorized users from accessing our network. We store no financial information or social security information on our site. The password you select, along with your unique email address, prevents others from accessing your information. Suggestion: Don't disclose your password to anyone.
Customs - Border Fees and Tracking Costs - We are not responsible to pay your Countries customs, or brokerage fees at your border. We do not ship all items from Canada, they are shipped directly from the supplier the majority of times not us, so yes even though we are in Canada, Canadian customers still have to pay the extra fees. Especially on our jewelry which ships from England or their warehouse in USA.
Disclosure: To provide you the best selection, we teamed up with business partners, that help ship products for us. When you order a product or service, we share your name, phone number and address only, which is needed for you to receive what you have purchased. We take great care to require that these business partners agree not to use any member information that they may receive access to.
1) Items are clearly marked if they are Free Shipping or have a drop box for the different SHIPPING fees that some of our suppliers charge. Sometimes I can make an error, as I am only human, and forget to write where the product ships from or where it will ship to. If you see an item not marked, please let me know and I will fix that asap.
2) PLEASE BE AWARE THAT "THE CELTS AND VIKINGS STORE" DOES NOT PAY BORDER / CUSTOMS FEES on some of the items shipped from other countries. These Items ship from the ARTIST or Manufacturer not our store, and may be subject to port of entry Customs & Duties so you maybe liable for these charges.
3) Be aware, as said above, that the shipping costs are different with different suppliers. We do not set the costs.
2ND OR 3RD ITEM SHIPPING COSTS: You cannot choose second or third item shipping costs, if you purchased items from different shipping label than the first product. Example - So if you chose an item with 'W' shipping, the 2nd and 3rd shipping cost must also be from a product labelled 'W' shipping, to save money, other-wise you have to choose first item shipping cost again. Always choose First item on first item chosen for shipping. On your second item chosen, choose 2nd item with the same letter ON SHIPPING DROPBOX, thus coming from the same place, this only paying $3 more. Your third item or more from the same W shipping is only $1 to ship.
ORDERING PRODUCTS WITH DIFFERENT SHIPPING DROP BOXES: Also keep in mind, that if you order more than one item you might be ordering from several different suppliers thus you will not receive the items all at the same time. If you do not want this, try products with the same shipping letter above the shipping dropbox on the product. Most items we try and use ground shipping so we can maintain as close to free shipping as possible.
ITEM DOESN'T SHIP TO MY COUNTRY BUT I REALLY WANT IT
If you buy an item that does not ship to your country, but you really want the item, write us. We will ask you to pay the extra shipping plus tracking costs to get it there. Be aware that even a simple $40 piece of jewelry, could costs up to $96 for shipping and tracking with signature or $75 without signature (to Australia example). If You decide if you'd like to pay the extra and we will add it to shipping dropbox prior to your purchase.