Beanie – Crow
Modern Celtic Clothing. Beanie – Crow
Fits all Adult Head sizes.
1 in stock
Although crows and ravens are part of the same family (Corvus), they’re not exactly the same bird. Crows are messengers to the Otherworld in both Celtic and Norse mythology.
- Crows sometimes appear as a method of divination and prophecy.
- For example: A crow flying in from the east or south was considered favorable.
- a low-flying group of crows means that illness is coming—but if a crow flies over a house and calls three times, that means an impending death in the family.
- If the crows call in the morning before the other birds get a chance to sing, it’s going to rain.
- Despite their role as messengers of doom and gloom, it’s bad luck to kill a crow. If you accidentally do so, you’re supposed to bury it—and be sure to wear black when you do!
If a crow suddenly dies the other crows flock around to investigate the death, so they don’t fall victim to the same fate. Crows live between 7-14 years and they bring us magic in life.
Celts used to revere crow as being sacred. They represented the bird as a symbol of purity. Christinaity changed this to the dove, which is a pigeon. The crow represents our inner desires. It is honored as a friend to mankind. Crows being black, are totally misunderstood by modern day thinking but to our ancestors a dark period, or death simply means change is coming. Crow symbolism was that they escort the sun each morning during its nocturnal pathway. Crows are highly intelligent birds and they also have a great memory. Christianity again changes the meaning to eradicate pagan thinking and then creates crows to be unclean. Bible just rewrote all the old myths to match their own culture of control.
Crow shows up from spirit to give you a message – it says to believe in your instinct and integrity and be pleased and grateful about all the phases of life, even if you are sad or angry. Spring is around the corner. Crow says speak your own truth, even if you stand alone, dont just follow the crowd to make decisions in your life.
Humans have always been involved in unwanted disputes and conflicts with each other due to the different cultures, religions, and beliefs. These conflicts have proved to be never-ending, creating negativities all around the globe.
For creating an environment of serenity, peace, and tranquility throughout the world, we all need to be familiar with the significance of love, care, and harmony and being able to surpass the cultural and religious limitations imposed unreasonably. Everyone should know that hurting his own kind would eventually result in hurting himself. Crow is the bird that represents this ability of transcendence.
In First Nations, the tribes with Crow clans include the Chippewa, the Hopi, the Tlingit, and the Pueblo tribes of the American Southwest.
|Dimensions||28 × 26.8 × 1.25 cm|